Thursday, June 19, 2008

Manager being nice? WHAT?

So two of us accidentally sent messages on MSN to our manager KINDA talking crap, but not really, and yesterday she told us that she was going to talk to our boss about something, but wouldn't tell us. So we assumed we were in trouble.

She came from the meeting and pulled the two girls that were here in personal lines into a meeting. So I was thinking... OMG I'm getting fired.

They came out and they didn't seem upset about anything, and I sent one of them a message asking what was up. She wouldn't tell me. Told me that the manager wanted to talk to me and to just go in. No biggie.

I went into a vacant office with the manager and she told me that she's trying to implement 4 day 10 hour work week for personal lines, and she expressed to our boss that even though I'm receptionist and really just considered a commercial lines assistant, that I should be included since I do so much for them. She told me that I excel at my job and it's a good position for me, and I initiate most of what I do and it's awesome that I can do that without supervision.

He told her that he needs to talk to his son (who covers the phones while I'm gone). We'd always have 2 people here to cover for personal lines, but I hope if he decides to do it, he'll include me! Since we'd have to switch off what days we got off, I think it's worth it even when we'd get a Tuesday - Thursday off. It would be nice to know what day I have to make appts and not have to make the time up or take it off as holiday/sick days.

YAY... my manager was nice to me!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Hey!! I didn't know you had a blog!! Yay! I love your insurance company stories. They make me laugh. And thanx for looking after Milton! I'm sure he had a blast! It was probably a nice vacation for him from Tyson hitting his cage with sticks all of the time:)

Bob and Danya said...

Hey, that's cool! 4 - 10 hour days would be sweet! Look! Your manager was nice to you. Brownie points for you! LOL!

brittany said...

Denika! it's me Brittany! i'm so glad i found your blog!